- More than 2000 potential readers are reached using different Feeds
- 440 potential readers by direct e-mail
- 543 followers on Twitter (all entries are announced there)
- 1835 members in the LinkedIn Group on CS
- 447 members in the LinkedIn Group on Advanced Matrix Factorization
- 39 subscribers to the experimental CompressiveSensing subreddit.
What about the actual impact ? As in many areas, this is a difficult question, I don't think I have a good answer, but with regards to :
- Pageviews, one should expect a minimum of 100 pageviews per blog entry. For the maximum (outside of some outliers) one should expect about 500 pageviews.
- E-mail: this one is difficult as I have no way of tracking how many people clicked on particular items. At the very least, the blog entry received some 400 or so eyeball
- Feeds: According to feedburner, at any one time, 1/4th of the readers looked at a specific entry (that's about 500)
- Videos: the recent video by David Brady has gotten 72 viewers (a 40 minutes video) but from what I have seen, outside of some outliers, from 50 to 500 people can decide to watch a video as a result of being featured here. I have noted some statistics were being featured here actually provided a stepping stone to a much larger audience. Here is a list automatically compiled by YouTube of all the Youtube videos featured on Nuit Blanche.
- Code sharing: I am making a targeted effort at putting code implementations in a single entry in order to provide focus. It works, see Brian King's recent reaction in the comment section featuring his toolbox.
Use of the blog: besides information downloading and sharing: Some folks are providing feedback:
- The blog itself has reached 53 Google +1s so far, while the Big Picture has 22 and the Advanced Matrix Factorization Page has 12.
- One blog entry has reached 8 Google +1
- This is the second time so far recently, that somebody has used the comment section to provide some anonymous peer review of a paper featured on the blog, I like it very much.
Let's see how those stats will be different when we hit 2 million page views!
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.